Blackstone Parks and Recreation is proud to host the first annual Bling Up Blackstone Contest. Get your lights, your inflatables, your wreaths, and whatever else you need to decorate your house and compete for a prize!
Every year, the Blackstone Parks and Recreation commission see posts on Facebook asking where are the lights? They heard you and are here to help. Each home that registers will have their address posted on a map. Holiday light enthusiasts will drive around Blackstone and vote for their favorite display! We might even have a few surprises in store!
EXTENDED: Registration deadline moved until December 6.
There are six categories with one winner per category
- Santa’s Favorite – Best overall theme and use of lights
- Spirit of New England – Martha Steward would be proud
- Clark Griswold – Go Big or Get in the House
- The “Undecorated” Decorated – Less is more (Perfect for Apartment dwellers)
- Reason for the Season
- Best of Blackstone Businesses
Voting forms and contest rules are available at the Blackstone Parks and Recreation website:
Voting will be open from December 4, Friday till midnight on Thursday, December 18. Winners will be announced at our Hometown Christmas Celebration on December 19th at the Blackstone Valley Boys and Girls Club.
Due to the 2020 global pandemic, prizes in each category will be BRAGGING RIGHTS and a trophy! This contest is all about being part of our wonderful community while sharing Holiday Cheer!
Official Contest Rules
- Homes do NOT have to be completely decorated by December 1st; however, registrations ARE due by December 6. When registering, let us know if you are ready. If you are not, send us a note when you are and we will add you to the road map of participating addresses.
- Lights must be visible from the road. Light displays should be on as frequently as possible for voters. Voting will be done by the public. There is no residency requirement for voting. Place your votes in each category at BlackstoneParksandRec.com.
- All entries must be located in Blackstone, MA. There is no residency requirement for voting.
- Any Blackstone business or residential address can participate.
- By entering this contest, you are agreeing to have your address published on a map of participating homes for this contest. The winner will also be announced on our website and social media platforms.
- By entering this contest, you agree and acknowledget that the Town of Blackstone, Blackstone Parks and Recreation Commission, and all its agents and volunteers are fully harmless for any and all losses thaty ou may incur as a result of participating in this contest.
- Entries are due by midnight on November 30th. Your decorations do not have to be done by the submission date.
- In case of a tie, a winner will be drawn at random from the votes.
We are very excited. How about you? Tell us if you’re participating!